Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tea and Chocolate and a Cold


Today I’m bundled up in warm jammies and woolen socks. It’s cold and windy outside, the remnants of a storm that swept through during the night, flooding roads and knocking down trees. I would have gone to work this morning and been on the road in that mess, instead I’ve got the cold that’s been going around these parts.
My husband is home sick too and, unlike me, is able to sleep his way through a bug. I’m not sick enough to stay in bed, but well enough to be bored. If I could settle down with a book or movie it would be so much better; aimlessly wandering around the house isn’t particularly helpful in the healing process.
I’ve played about as much solitaire as I can stand, checked my Facebook page numerous times, folded a few loads of laundry, swilled down a gallon or so of hot tea, and made a jar of salt scrub for myself; all mindless pursuits.
Food doesn’t even sound good right now. Except for the piece of chocolate ganache goodness I found in the freezer. I’d stashed a slice of cranberry chocolate tart in the freezer last month as a test to see how it would hold up to freezing. Based on today’s taste test it did just fine. Too bad it was such a small bite.
In the time it’s taken me to write this I’ve emptied another mug of tea. Time to put the kettle back on and make another pot.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, feel better soon and your husband too. I hate colds.

    The chocolate ganache goodness sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation. I try to reply to all comments.