Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Work in Progress

This is how our front yard looked at the end of the first day of work. The lawn was torn out and later hauled away.


A couple days later the messy trees were gone, the walls built, and extra soil was ready to spread.



And then this happened.


And this.


This morning my husband repaired the last (we hope) of the broken pipes and found all the buried (!!!) sprinkler heads. Then we planted chamomile, creeping thyme, lavender, and Russian sage. There's lots still to do; more plants to plant, tons of bark to spread, trellises to build. It's good.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness. Years ago, my husband dug up a patch of ground where I wanted a flower bed. He hit the phone lines (Oops!) which was kind of embarrassing because he worked for AT&T. I love the walls and your selection of plantings. Looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation. I try to reply to all comments.